Qualifying begins: 20 June
The Draw: 24 June
Pre-event Press Conferences: 25 & 26 June
Order of Play: 26 June
Championships begin: 27 June
COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 20 JUNE
The AELTC is a wholly owned subsidiary of The All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club Limited ("the Club") and, on 1 August 2011, acquired all the assets and undertaking of the Club in relation to The Championships.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited,
Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 5AE
Tel: +44 (0)20 8944 1066
The Board: P.G.H.Brook (Chairman), Ms S.J. Ambrose, N.A. Basing, The Lord O'Donnell GCB KCB CB, R.M. Gradon, T.H. Henman O.B.E., I.L. Hewitt, Mrs A.W.L. Innes, S.A. Jones L.V.O, G.M. Newton, R.T. Stoakes, A.J.K. Tatum.
Directors: R.A.Lewis C.B.E. (Chief Executive), Miss S.Clarke (Championships Director), R.G.Atkinson (Finance Director), M.J.Desmond (Commercial Director), R.Deatker (Estate Director), M.W.C.Guntrip (Club Director), T.J.Wilson (IT Director).
The permanent members of the Executive include the Chief Executive, Championships Director, Financial Director, Marketing Director, Commercial Director, Information Technology Director and Club Secretary. There are also 50 other administrative staff, 16 permanent members of the ground staff (including the Head Groundsman) and a team of 33 buildings and services staff including the Buildings and Services Manager. The Dressing Rooms have a staff of four while 11 full and part-time staff are assigned to the Members' Dining Room.
There are four members of staff at the AELTC's Raynes Park sports ground. The Museum has 10 permanent staff while a number of temporary staff support the AELTC in the busiest periods.
Patron Her Majesty The Queen
President H.R.H. The Duke of Kent, K.G., G.C.M.G., G.C.V.O., A.D.C.
Vice-Presidents J.E. Barrett M.B.E., J.A.H. Curry, C.B.E., J.S. Dunningham O.B.E., Sir Ronald Hampel, M.P. Hann, P. Jackson, C.B.E., Mrs A.S. Jones CBE, Professor B.G. Neal, T. D. Phillips, C.B.E, B.N.A. Weatherill, C.B.E., K.F. Weatherley.
Chairman P.G.H Brook
Committee P.G.H.Brook (Chairman), Ms S.J. Ambrose, N.A. Basing, The Lord O'Donnell GCB KCB CB, R.M. Gradon, T.H. Henman O.B.E., I.L. Hewitt, Mrs A.W.L. Innes, S.A. Jones L.V.O, G.M. Newton, R.T. Stoakes, A.J.K. Tatum.
Trustees P R Hutchins, B.N.A. Weatherill C.B.E.
Membership consists of five categories (a) Full Members, (b) Life Members, (c) Honorary Members, (d) Temporary Members, (e) Junior Temporary Members. Members under headings (a), (b) and (c) are limited to 500 in number. Honorary Members include past Singles Champions, other eminent Lawn Tennis players, benefactors of the Club or The Championships, and other persons who have rendered special service to Lawn Tennis. Temporary Members are elected from year to year and generally are active players who make regular use of the facilities and play in matches during their period of Membership.
Apart from the grass courts, the courts are used all year round by the Club members and LTA-sponsored players. The grass courts are in play from May to September (except Centre Court and other Show Courts which are used only for The Championships). The courts are lent to a number of clubs and organisations, mainly of a national character, for the staging of various events.
The area north of the Centre Court became known as Aorangi Park after the Club purchased the 11 acres from John Barker Ltd. of Kensington in 1967 and subsequently granted a lease to the New Zealand Sports and Social Club. Aorangi, meaning 'Cloud in the Sky', is the Maori name for Mount Cook.
When in 1877 the inaugural Lawn Tennis Championship was held, the title of the Club was amended to The All England Croquet and Lawn Tennis Club. Gradually, interest in croquet declined and by the end of 1882 participation had ceased and Croquet was removed from the Club's title. During 1896 the croquet players were invited to return. In 1899 the Club Championship was reinstated and Croquet was restored to the Club's title, However, the upsurge in interest did not last long and after the 1904 Championship the game faded again, although the Club retained the same title.
Croquet was not provided for when the Club moved to its present Church Road ground, and was first played on 7 September 1953 when a match was arranged with the Croquet Association to mark Coronation Year.
From 1957 to 2007, the croquet lawn (not full-size) was situated at the southern end of the Grounds, alongside the Church Road boundary fence. The Club Croquet Championship was reintroduced together with a Handicap singles event in 1960 and in recent years a golf croquet event was started. In the autumn of 2007 a new full-size lawn was created in the Southlands College ground, which was opened on 19 April 2008 by Professor Bernard Neal, President of the Croquet Association. Professor Neal was the Club champion 38 times between 1963 and 2005. David Godfree has acted as Hon. Secretary for the Croquet section since 1975.
In the ground floor corridor of the Clubhouse is a plaque commemorating Club members who were killed serving in the two World Wars.